[HECnet] DMC11 in next simh version... looks nice, and question about TOPS-10

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Wed Jan 2 14:37:12 PST 2013

Al 02/01/13 23:32, En/na Paul_Koning at Dell.com ha escrit:
Why those two modes?   Real DMCs are symmetrical, I would have expected a simulation to do that too.
Just to clarify it, I didn't wrote that software :). I don't want to get anyone's merits. And, for your question, I also wonder why did the author wrote it that way. I guess since it is TCP based one of the partners must put itself in listen mode and the other one has to do the initial connect, hence the need to differentiate between a "primary" or caller and a "secondary" or listener. UDP does not have that problem, but of course you can't (easily) tunnel UDP using -for instance- ssh.