[HECnet] New attempt at HECNET PHONE directory

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jan 28 14:59:46 PST 2013

sampsa at mac.com wrote:

I found some DCL code on Deathrow's "Hack VMS FAQ" that outputs a nicely formatted listing of PHONE DIR.

So I took this code, ran it against a bunch of my hosts and ran it, and it works fine.

The output is in RHESUS::[.PHONEDIR]HECNETDIR.TXT

This service is opt-in: if you want you system listed in the phone directory, let me know and I'll add it to the script. Currently it only covers areas 8 and 47.

Cover area 9 once I get it back up. ;)

PS: Johnny, as we're not touching area 1, you shouldn't be getting those log messages I hope..

sampsa