[HECnet] HECnet Area Request

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Tue Jan 29 18:00:48 PST 2013

If you are running VMS then contact me offline and I will give you a
copy of my "field-test" procedures that maintain DECnet databases.   It
makes use of MIM::[DECNET]NODENAMES.DAT.   It will NOT update your area!
This is because some areas have VMS clusters and there is no guarantee
that LANACP is used for communications.   If DECnet is used these
procedures will corrupt satellite node information in the DECnet
database for that cluster.

It does REQUIRE that SCSSYSTEMID matches the (<area>*1024)+<node>.     So
if you have changed areas but have not updated SCSSYSTEMID the procedure
will NOT work.

-Steve