[HECnet] HECnet Area Request

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Tue Jan 29 11:25:03 PST 2013

On 2013-01-29, at 10:53 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2013-01-29 19:48, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
Johnny

Did you manage to fix the problem with mim not reporting the full node list?   It's about time I grabbed an updated copy (with all of the new additions) but I didn't want to grab something that was corrupt.

I've been fighting MIM about that, but for some reason it just will not cooperate. I have two solutons for you:
1. Copy each area as individual commands (MIM knows it all, it just seems that the list of known nodes does not list all known nodes now. Bug in NCP methinks at this point...)
2. Grab MIM::US:[DECNET]FIX.CMD which contains all the DEFINE commands for NCP for all the nodes, and run it in NCP on your machine.

I can create command files in other formats easily if there are any special requests. Just let me know...

Is it possible that there's just too many nodes on HECnet?   Maybe overflowing a counter somewhere?   Have we hit 256 nodes?

Ian