[HECnet] LAT vs CTERM

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Jan 2 04:40:02 PST 2013

sampsa at mac.com writes:

On 2 Jan 2013, at 14:03, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

On 2 Jan 2013, at 11:20, sampsa at mac.com wrote: > >> So LAT is as fast
over a WAN link as CTERM is over a LAN..What's wrong with CTERM? > >

I could see that on like Z80s running over a 9.6kbps link, but VAX level
gear on a 10 Mbps ethernet LAN?

It can't be the protocol overhead alone, CTERM must be seriously
brain-damaged by design.

Just curious.   What do the numbers look like when you use RTERM in lieu
of CTERM???

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG