[HECnet] Cisco Tunnel Project

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Thu Jan 31 06:50:49 PST 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:54:55 -0500
Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

On 1/30/2013 9:54 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On 30 Jan 2013, at 21:52, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net>
wrote:

On 1/30/2013 9:46 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I thought IOS supported CRON and scripting?
Right, did you ever get that working though?
Haven't gotten around to trying yet,   still getting all my VMs up
and running.

Ok, keep us posted. I'll poke at it myself as well.

I had a quick look in to this today and started setting up a lab, but
got distracted by real work.   From what I can see though, you can't
execute any interface configuration commands.   So, it would have to be
a complete copy of the config from FTP to NVRAM followed by a reboot.

Personally, I'd be a bit uneasy about downloading a random config
periodically and just loading it on to my router.   If it was going to
be a mesh I'd rather get an update with the details of endpoints, etc.
and do it myself.

Regards, Tim.