[HECnet] Returning to HECNET

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Tue Jan 29 17:54:14 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Johnny Billquist
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 13:47
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Cc: Pete Edwards
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Returning to HECNET

On 2013-01-29 18:35, Pete Edwards wrote:
Ok maybe I need to re-phrase the question.
My ISP now only offers me a dynamic IP address.
My understanding is that Johnny's bridge program is not tolerant of
changing IP addresses. Is that still the case?

Correct.

So based on Sampsa's answer I can connect via a Multinet tunnel and
there's at least one Hecnet member (Steve Davidson) who can
keep that
connected even if the IP address changes?

Correct.

Would that mean I need to move into another area or request
an area to myself?

You need to move to Steve's area, or set one up of your own.

	Johnny

Or move to Sampsa's area.

-Steve

Top-posting on top of a top-posted reply :) On 29 January
2013 00:30,