[HECnet] Returning to HECNET

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Tue Jan 29 15:25:13 PST 2013

2. Persuade someone who has a fixed IP to run the user mode router, if
you register your IP with something like DynDns then the user mode
router periodically checks for a change of IP.

Is the user mode router ready? I could deploy that..

[Rob Jarratt]
It has been used in a couple of configurations now and seems to work OK, I
use it permanently now. You could try it and if it does not work for you it
is only seconds to switch back to the bridge.

Oh I was going to run the bridge as well, act as a sort of connections hub (Bridge, MULTINET on GORVAX and the user mode router).

What OS does the user mode router run on?

sampsa