[HECnet] Returning to HECNET

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Mon Jan 28 16:30:47 PST 2013

Well Steve Davidson has built a system for updating IP addresses of MULTINET circuits - it seems to work pretty well.

sampsa

On 29 Jan 2013, at 02:29, Pete Edwards <stimpy.u.idiot at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

After a rather suddenly enforced break over 2 years ago I'm in a
position where I can try and get back onto HECNET.
I've renewed my VMS PAKs and have a couple of simh VMS 7.3 instances up again.
Unfortunately when I dropped off back then I lost my static IP, so
step one, I guess, is asking this: What are the current best options
the group has found to deal with dynamic addresses?
Alas FLETCH (1.100), my VS4000/60 has suffered some kind of disk
trauma during the intervening 2 house moves so it might be a while
before I can connect a physical system.

Nice to see the return of the mapping project too - rather more
elegant than my own short-lived efforts.
Cheers,
Pete
--
Pete Edwards
"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets!" - HMHB