[HECnet] Returning to HECNET

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Tue Jan 29 18:09:12 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of sampsa at mac.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 20:54
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Returning to HECNET

On 30 Jan 2013, at 03:52, Steve Davidson <jeep at scshome.net> wrote:

GORVAX:: is setup to cover Europe

Well, EMEA, I hope to have a few SIMH VAXen running in Beirut ASAP.

sampsa

Let me re-phrase...   GORVAX:: is designed to cover non-US sites as its
primary link.   Happy now Sampsa?   :-)

Multi-Watch does not care which nodes it connects to.   I set Multinet
Tunnel costs lower on the primary link then on the secondary link.
Typical costs are "1" for primary and "2" for secondary.   VMS machines
set LAN costs to 4 so priority is given to the Multinet Tunnels.   The
tunnels can be anywhere between 4-10 times faster when copying files.

-Steve