[HECnet] Mail gateways?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Jan 30 07:38:01 PST 2013

Tim Sneddon <tim at sneddon.id.au> writes:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:27:06 -0800 "Bob Armstrong" <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing what you are using to back it. > >
Multinet. >

Does it support re-writing the Reply-To: or From: headers?

There's SMTP handling in Multinet but no real mail handling capabilities
like are within MX.   When I worked for the DoD, I put Multinet on nearly
all the VMS boxes and then used MX for what it does best, so I know it's
lacking in certain abilities.   However, I haven't run Multinet in several
years as Process ceased sending me quid pro quo licenses and updates so,
perhaps, in recent versions there's a more capable email handler.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG