[HECnet] Mail gateways?

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Wed Jan 30 06:46:55 PST 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013, Tim Sneddon wrote:

Well sort of...there is a UUHecnet and I'm sure if someone get's bored
one weekend there will be a heX.25 network spring up in no time...:-)

[dibs on the name if that actually takes off...]

I'd love to find some equipment and figure out a way to get X.25 working. I know Sampsa has mentioned interest too...

I'm going to have a lot of time available on Saturday where I'm going to be surfing the net (being held hostage for a few hours by my mechanic) so I may do some digging on eBay and other sources.

Would bring me quite a bit of nostalgia from my Telenet/Sprintnet days. :)

Regarding the mail gateway, it was rather easy to set up, and having postfix in front of it allows you to restrict/open up destinations (nodes) as you please.

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.