[HECnet] Mail gateways?

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Wed Jan 30 06:28:32 PST 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:20:43 -0500
"Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Tim Sneddon <tim at sneddon.id.au> writes:

I have used MX at sites that receive quite a decent amount of mail
and have been quite impressed with the performance.   Although, I'm
biased...

Yup!   But it often times requires a bit of queue tuning.   I didn't
want to open pandoras box by cluttering this discussion WRT that. ;)

Yeah, the chatter certainly has gone up lately.   However, I must admit
I don't mind it so much as there is not the flaming that is so
prevalent on c.o.v.

Regards, Tim. MX Maintainer

Any new releases on the horizon and where is the current these days?
I still have V5.4 licensed from MadGoat.

This does drift a bit off topic...so I'll keep it brief, as I think
there may be some people that use MX on here.   If you want more info,
then follow up with me off-list...

MX V6.1 is nearing release.   MMK has been put into github and it has
been the test bed for developing VMS software using git (there is
currently no client for anyone asking, but I'm working on that).   There
are a number of fixes and new features (see me for current release
notes).   The production release date is March 1st, along with MMK V5.0
and new releases of WATCHER and NETLIB.   I've been busy...:-)

If you'd like to know more, mail me privately.

Regards, Tim.