[HECnet] Tape drive explosion

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Thu Jan 24 10:43:28 PST 2013

On 24.1.2013 13:11, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 24/01/2013, a les 11:06, Kari Uusim  ki <uusimaki at exdecfinland.org> va escriure:

Is the takeup leader (the plastic ribbon which is fastened to the internal reel) intact? Its outer end which grabs the tape from the cassette is arrow-shaped. Is the "arrow" quite in order? If not, the takeup leader should be replaced.

I have got a dead TK70 drive for that reason. Is there any source of replacement parts?

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES

.

Yes, there are takeup leader which you can buy.
I don't have prices right now, but I know where to find them.
Are there others here at HECnet who might need them?
I could check if we could get a good bargain if ordering several.

Sorry for this OT.

Regards,

Kari