[HECnet] Tape drive explosion

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 24 23:34:38 PST 2013

On 01/25/2013 02:33 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 01/25/2013 02:27 AM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
We're any of the other DEC drives released in a scsi version?

  It's in the naming scheme.   TK = DEC interface, TF = DSSI, TZ = SCSI,
TU = massbus, TA = SDI, etc.   I've personally never seen a TZ85/86/87,
but if they exist, and conform to the naming scheme, they're SCSI.

  Oh wait, duh, I'm half asleep.   I have indeed seen them, at least the
TZ86 and TZ87, as I HAVE some here in those nice little half-width tape
changers.   They are indeed SCSI.