[HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Thu Jan 17 21:41:04 PST 2013

On 2013-01-17, at 9:33 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

Also, HECnet needs some leased lines between locations for maximum authenticity. Along with period-accurate modems. ;)

I wonder how many telcos will still give you a plain leased line over POTS...

With some of the speeds I'm getting through several people's home DSL internet in and back out again to get from here to Europe, I'd say the actual speeds I'm getting are pretty close to the 'good old days' :)

I wonder if there'd be any interest in cobbling up a little microcontroller circuit that could convert synchronous serial to Ethernet.   We could use these to emulate leased lines on equipment that doesn't even have Ethernet boards.

Ian