Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Fri Jan 18 06:37:53 PST 2013

BTW is there any particular target in mind for this?   If it's for
HECnet, DDCMP would probably be more useful than the annoying
bit-stuffing protocols.   But better yet would be to support everything
... no point in having to build almost the same thing again later.

It'd be nice to be able to, say, do X.25 as well as DECNET.   If I can
find the sync serial hardware for the Prime, I'd use one for X.25 there.

Ditto on the IBM side and SNA or 3270 concentrator setups over "leased
lines".

De