Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:43:36 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
<system at tmesis.com> wrote:
"John H. Reinhardt" <johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com> writes:

  You have a working binary for PuTTY on OS X?   I'm forced to use
Windows for work and I use PuTTY every day there. I'd love to have a
copy for my home Macs.   Where is it available?

Google MacPorts and PuTTY.   You'll have to build it.   I did it back when
I was still running 10.4.something on the Mac as an academic exercise.
I don't really use it on Linux either.   I'm more content with an xterm
and typing 'ssh ...'.   To me, the command line is so much easier than a
GUI for something this simple.   It's also easier when setting up various
port ssh-tunnels, IMNSHO.

I only mentioned PuTTY because I know the WEENDOZE camp is command line
challeneged.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG

Hello!
I'm not command line challenged.

But I also use PuTTY on both Windows (here) and Linux. I've also built
it for my Slackware Linux system.

This discussion is becoming decidedly strange. The big problem here is
simply making things easier to work with.

However what further progress has been accomplished in sorting out how
to deliver serial over Ethernet directly?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com