Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jan 22 18:31:01 PST 2013

On 2013-01-22 14:57, Mark Benson wrote:
On 22 Jan 2013, at 10:56, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
<jg at jordi.guillaumes.name> wrote:

By the way... how do you configure putty to be identified as a vt200
from VMS? All I get is VT102...

I tried setting it in the Terminal -> Answerback to ^E option and it
doesn't work here. That said I was going SSH => Telnet => sinh mux
emulation => OpenVMS - that might have broken it ;)

Answerback is something totally different and unrelated.
I'll check this up tonight when I'm back home.

And the answer is - you don't. There is no setting in putty to control it.
But, just to let you know, putty atleast clears the screen on DECCOLM.

And I think someone asked about power term.
Power Term (the version I'm running) reports itself as a VT525, with color, and soft characters. And it even switches between 80 columns and 132 columns by changing font so the window stays the same size and shape. I haven't found any glaring bugs yet... My only complaint would be that it feel very sluggish.