Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Tue Jan 22 01:51:55 PST 2013

El 21/01/2013, a les 21:49, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> va escriure:

On 01/21/2013 03:09 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
PuTTY has been ported to Linux too?   WTF?   WHY?!

For one, VTxxx compatibility.   Unless one really understands the Xresources
and how to move the appropriate fonts from VMS to Linux, build the fontdir,
reset the font cache and update the font path, PuTTY is a right-out-of-the-
box VTxxx emulation.

WRT terminal emulators, I use ZOC (http://www.emtec.com/zoc/) both in macOs and windows, and EVEN in linux (under wine). I have been using it since the OS/2 times, and it works really well emulating both VT10X and VT220, including the keypad stuff.

Yes, its shareware and it costs some bucks, but IMO it is worth it.

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES