Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jan 21 13:12:52 PST 2013

On 21 Jan 2013, at 16:11, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 01/21/2013 04:07 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
The Ubuntu "bosses" have totally lost THEIR minds.   Everything
else works fine.

Yup.   Shuttleworth is getting money-happy and some of the nuttier
devs have been invading Debian for awhile now. :(

Yup.   Ubuntu is no longer a viable distribution in its own right, but
it serves as a good base from which others (like Mint) can build a
usable distribution.

Yeah, it does function as a good base. ;)

I mean, seen that ubuntu store crap and the amazon search in the
search box thing?

Nope!   I never got that far.   Ten minutes trying to get real work done
under Unity was enough to make me stop dead in the middle of my day and
move to Mint.

Unity still makes absolutely no sense. ;)

Why did they think switching to it was a good idea...