Sync serial bridging over Ethernet, was Re: [HECnet] Multi-floor household (DECnet) routing help needed

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jan 21 13:07:47 PST 2013

On 21 Jan 2013, at 16:05, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 01/21/2013 03:46 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
xterm worked like a charm with everything I tried. And that with the
default xterm under Mac OS X. I don't know what or how it would be
different under Linux.
Of course, you need to have the proper fonts installed, but those are
the base fonts, which I would normally always expect to be installed
(except I did a new Ubuntu install at work a couple of weeks ago, and it
turned out that the fonts were not installed, so it might be that the
Linux world have finally totally lost their mind...)

The Ubuntu "bosses" have totally lost THEIR minds.   Everything else
works fine.

Yup.   Shuttleworth is getting money-happy and some of the nuttier devs have been invading Debian for awhile now. :(

I mean, seen that ubuntu store crap and the amazon search in the search box thing?