[HECnet] My newest toy

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Jan 12 16:50:40 PST 2013

On 12 Jan 2013, at 19:42, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On 12 Jan 2013, at 15:48, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

Hello! >=20 > I'm working on getting this online and working right
now:=20 > =
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/vJZ5Y3ZWJMk/UPHKr_esrNI/AAAAAAAAA4Y/R0h_=
OGytmwk/s640/photo.JPG >=20 > AlphaServer ES40: Dual 667MHz, 4G RAM, 18G
5.25" IBM SCSI drive I had = laying around that I don't have a caddy for
so it's just staying in by = sheer dumb luck. (I have a second but it
seems to be dead..)

I'm trying to mess with the quad-proc instead=85it seems to be stalling
= after "jumping to bootstrap code"=85any ideas?   I'm thinking I need a
= firmware upgrade.

What version VMS are you trying to boot and what version of the firmware.

8.4 and revision 6.6.   Problem was that console was set to serial instead of graphics   I was using the graphics adapter. ;)

Can you boot to SYSBOOT> ?

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG