[HECnet] My newest toy

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Sat Jan 12 13:25:02 PST 2013

On 2013-01-12, at 1:08 PM, Peter Lothberg <roll at Stupi.SE> wrote:

I have a "DS20" it;s a 1U alpha box, IDE and SCSI disk intgerface, two Alpha
CPU's and two 100M Ethernet.

What DEC SW can I run (and who has it?)

-P

BET:: 42.42 is a DS10L - the baby brother to yours.   This was my first (and so far only) forray into Alpha processors.   VMS for Alpha works just great on it.   There's a hobbyist image floating around.

If you, or anyone on this list, needs an external SCSI controller card KZPBA-CB for it, I have one that is free to anyone on-list that can put it to use - all I ask for is to cover shipping (from Canada).   I needed this controller card to hook up my HSZ80 drive array, and I found a seller on Ebay selling a package of two for the best price - therefore I have one spare.

http://manx.classiccmp.org/collections/antonio/MDS-2000-01_3_of_3/Storage/KZPBCUGB.PDF
https://www.islandco.com/sn-kzpba-cb-hp-compaq-q-logic-uw-differential-scsi-hba-50v-32bit

Ian