[HECnet] My newest toy -SCSISE adapter

H Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sun Jan 13 12:26:39 PST 2013

No I missed that one earlier, Brian.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] Namens
Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
Verzonden: zondag, januari 2013 21:18
Aan: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Onderwerp: RE: [HECnet] My newest toy -SCSISE adapter

"H Vlems" <hvlems at zonnet.nl> writes:

Umm, I wasn't very clear there, was I ? :) Actually I was wondering how
Oleg had figured that out. That you'd be able to find the information
from the VMS source listings is no real surprise. Even though it implies
that formally unsupported hardware is documented in the sources. But
hypothetically, you have an Adaptec AHA2944UW controller how would an
ordinary VMS user figure that out? The hex id is vendor and model
related. But how to figure out what PK driver is required? Or is the PKA
driver a kind of catch all driver?

Did you read my follow-on?

  $ HELP Sys_Files [SYS$LDR] SYS$PKADRIVER.EXE

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG