[HECnet] My newest toy -SCSISE adapter

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sun Jan 13 06:22:40 PST 2013

"H Vlems" <hvlems at zonnet.nl> writes:

Brian, I've two Adaptec controllers: - aha-2940/w/2940uw - aha-2944uw
They're not supported by VMS (IIRC). Not supported doesn't mean won't
work. Is there a way to let VMS use them? Hans

First, plug them in and see.   If VMS can detect them, it will configure
the driver for and use them.   You may need to add some device specific-
ation to SYS$SYSTEM:SYS$USER_CONFIG.DAT for this to happen.   It will all
depend upon what chips are used on those controller.   DEC did rebrand a
few Adaptec devices as well.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG