[HECnet] Sample DCL code for simple client-server task-to-task comms

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Jan 17 06:03:56 PST 2013

sampsa at mac.com writes:

Strangely enough, the procedures were working fine for almost the whole
day but now I am getting nothing - no errors, just no connections.

What could cause this?

Care to share the "procedures?"

Google NETSERVER$TIMEOUT.   I DO NOT recommend you set logical globally as
it will affect *all* DECnet type tasks.   You could, if you segregate your
procedure in a group, for example, be defined in a group table.   Per job
might be a little trickier than you're ready to tackle.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG