[HECnet] Sample DCL code for simple client-server task-to-task comms

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:47:04 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
On 2013-01-17 16:49, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

The problem with PHONE is that you can't see a centralised directory of
the whole network and who's on.

I tried to write a script on a Linux-DECNET box to get such a directory
but it broke something on BQT's systems.

Broke and broke... You managed to spam my logging. For some reason you
managed to trigger logs for trying to access machines that were not up, if I
remember correctly...

              Johnny

IM's are slightly different, as I'm sure you're aware.

The benefits to phone are:

              - You are notified when your buddies log on, anywhere on HECnet
              - You can control who can message you (i.e. buddies only)

sampsa