[HECnet] Sample DCL code for simple client-server task-to-task comms

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Thu Jan 17 07:49:49 PST 2013

The problem with PHONE is that you can't see a centralised directory of the whole network and who's on.

I tried to write a script on a Linux-DECNET box to get such a directory but it broke something on BQT's systems.

IM's are slightly different, as I'm sure you're aware.

The benefits to phone are:

	- You are notified when your buddies log on, anywhere on HECnet
	- You can control who can message you (i.e. buddies only)

sampsa