[HECnet] Sample DCL code for simple client-server task-to-task comms

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Thu Jan 17 07:16:44 PST 2013

The protocol is pretty simple, I suppose if I wrote a TCP/IP wrapper as well then someone could write a Android/iOS client..

sampsa

On 17 Jan 2013, at 17:15, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 17 Jan 2013, at 10:09, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

On the plus side, I have an almost working instant messaging client and server over DECNET running on RHESUS with the client written in small DCL scripts usable from anywhere on HECNET (testing from the HILANT cluster at the moment).

Any interest in this type of service, i.e. something like Jabber/Gtalk but over DECNET?

I'm interested!

Now make it work on android and iPhone OS via a HECnet link. ;)

sampsa