[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 11:57:34 PST 2013

On 1/17/2013 2:49 PM, Mark Benson wrote:
On 17 Jan 2013, at 19:18, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Mark Benson<md.benson at gmail.com>   writes:

On 17 Jan 2013, at 17:40, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

What compilers do you need? I could possibly set them up on RHESUS..
Whatever is required to compile SimH and libpcap on VMS 8.4, I assume.

I'm intrigued to see how well the VAX simulation does on an Integrity in
= an OS that was actually deliberately ported to Itanium, not
accidentally = stuffed on there 'because'. If someone has the OpenVMS
Integrity = binaries that'd do for a start...
I assume SimH is written in 'C'.   You can get a hobbyist license for VMS
from HP for Itanium.   HP then gives you access to distributions as well
as PAKs for VMS and some layered products.
I have the PAK, I've had a Hobbyist PAK as long as I've had the Integrity, I need the software however...

I have the Hobbyist CDs for VAX and Alpha but no such thing seems to exist for Integrity last I checked.

If you've gotten a Hobbyist PAK recently (i.e. within the last year) then you can email the fellow at HP that sent you the PAKs and he wills end you an FTP logon to download IA64 OpenVMS 8.4 and stuff.   If you haven't, then when you renew you can ask.

John H. Reinhardt