[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Jan 17 11:18:46 PST 2013

Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> writes:

On 17 Jan 2013, at 17:40, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

What compilers do you need? I could possibly set them up on RHESUS..

Whatever is required to compile SimH and libpcap on VMS 8.4, I assume.

I'm intrigued to see how well the VAX simulation does on an Integrity in
= an OS that was actually deliberately ported to Itanium, not
accidentally = stuffed on there 'because'. If someone has the OpenVMS
Integrity = binaries that'd do for a start...

I assume SimH is written in 'C'.   You can get a hobbyist license for VMS
from HP for Itanium.   HP then gives you access to distributions as well
as PAKs for VMS and some layered products.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG