[HECnet] SIMH for VMS on VAX

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 12:14:55 PST 2013

On 01/17/2013 03:11 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
I could be arsed to give it a whirl, if you think there's any
possibility of it actually booting.   I'd rather not go dig it out if
there's little chance, though.

Now, I'm aware that you're "all up in there" with VMS internals...Is
there any chance of your being able to make it run (I understand that
there'd likely be low-level driver work involved) on an unsupported
system such as this?

Anything is possible; however, I've been involved in too many Sisyphean
efforts to know that you might be better off getting a supported system
if it doesn't boot.

  Ahh.   Well, I *have* this machine already (got it for free), and
although nice boxes like rx2620s are pretty cheap, I'm not into shelling
out more bucks for such a box at the moment.   In general I agree with
your position though.