[HECnet] Sample DCL code for simple client-server task-to-task comms

sampsa at mac.com sampsa at mac.com
Wed Jan 16 16:52:59 PST 2013

OK, figured that out, I have to use an open to access it first.

sampsa

On 17 Jan 2013, at 02:35, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

How come writing to SYS$NET doesn't send any output?

FOOBAR.COM is now:

$WRITE SYS$NET "Foobar"
$DIRECTORY/OUTPUT=SYS$NET

But I only get the directory listing.

sampsa

On 17 Jan 2013, at 02:32, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

sampsa at mac.com writes:

Oh cool, that worked.

Thanks.

The "TASK=..." will open a channel to and execute the procedure.   Logical
SYS$NET is defined as the "back-channel" for communications.   So, you can
sent data back in any method you chose as long as it's channels through
SYS$NET.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG