[HECnet] simh on Mac

Wed Jan 16 14:21:58 PST 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 3:17 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 15 Jan 2013, at 20:25, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons <jg at jordi.guillaumes.name> wrote:

El 15/01/2013, a les 20:27, Paul_Koning at Dell.com va escriure:

When I build it with the default build settings (async I/O enabled) both PDP11 and VAX hang at boot.   Built with NOASYNCH and it runs fine.   I haven't tried other platforms.

I have. Mark is working on the hang issues. He has fixed some of the bugs, but that asynch code seems to be specially hard to debug. BTW it is a multicore-multiprocessor issue also observed in other operating systems.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried it, or has ideas of what's wrong here.   When it gets in this state, I have to kill the process; it won't answer interrupts or even SIGTERM.

I run it with asynch disabled for the time being.

When I try that, it fails to link.

"_clock_gettime", referenced from:
        _todr_wr in ccGqWyaE.o
        _todr_resync in ccGqWyaE.o
        _todr_rd in ccGqWyaE.o

I noticed that one.   Find clock_gettime.   It's currently conditional on two things one of which is async support.   Take away that second check.

	paul