[HECnet] Benchmarks - WHETSTONE.C

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jan 15 12:55:11 PST 2013

On 2013-01-15 18:19, Clem Cole wrote:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se
<mailto:bqt at softjar.se>> wrote:

      I don't think it was, but It's hard to say, as it's just one big
      binary blob to me. However, would the GEM even fit on a PDP-11?

It would not easily self host, but few of the PDP-11 compilers were
asked to self host.   They started cross compiling from the 10's then
from the Vaxen.     By the time PDP-11 went EOL, the cross compilers were
running on Alpha (and maybe PMAX - again too man beers ago).

The the DEC PDP-11 C runs on the PDP-11, it's not a cross compiler.