[HECnet] Benchmarks - WHETSTONE.C

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Jan 15 09:42:22 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM, <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:
I don't remember PL/360, but PL/M has nothing to do with PL/I.

PL/M was attempt at Intel to create a language for the 8080 and absolutely was a sub-set compiler.    The language was designed to be a simple as possible, but to try to bring much of the PL/1 ideas into the microprocessor, without bringing in the whole language.

I was developed at Intel on their IBM mainframe originally as a cross compiler.   I believe that it would eventually be able to self host on some of their development systems.