[HECnet] Benchmarks - WHETSTONE.C

Tue Jan 15 08:53:05 PST 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

I've never seen the insides of a PL/1 compiler, but I bet it would take some work to get it to fit on a PDP-11... :-)

	Johnny

Maybe so.   Then again, PL/1 is essentially a hash of Cobol and Algol stirred by 1000 monkeys, so since both its ancestors fit in a PDP-11, PL/1 presumably could also.   For that matter, IBM had one on the 360 that ran on a 128 kB 360/44, so the job could be done in a PDP-11 class machine.

	paul