[HECnet] SCSISE adapter -> listings

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Mon Jan 14 11:20:54 PST 2013

IIRCthe patch worked for V4.7 too

From: lee.gleason at comcast.net
Sender: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:21:13 +0000 (UTC)
To: <hecnet at Update.UU.SE>
ReplyTo: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] SCSISE adapter -> listings

MISSY::SYSTEM$ monitor ethernet
MONITOR> exit
MISSY::SYSTEM$ monitor notthere
%MONITOR-E-INVCLSNM, class-name "NOTTHERE" is invalid or not uniquely identified

This is on VMS 8.4.

   Looks like there's some support left then. I'm willing to be that some very similar patches would turn on whatever support is left. The old patches were.like this...naturally, this is useless on modern versions of VMS, but it hints   what sort of data structure to look for and what bit to drop to reenable these turned off classes - bit nine set was   what keeps a class from displaying. I'd guess a dump of the image would find a table that had some 11's and 211's at some fixed spacing..

$ Patch Monitor.exe
REPLACE 4158+33e
211
exit
11
exit
replace 4158+391
211
exit
11
exit
replace 4158+48a
235
exit
35
exit
replace 4158+583
211
exit
11
exit
replace 4158+629
211
exit
11
exit
replace/long 170f6      ! additional for V4.6
00000000
exit
00000660                ! specify valid protocol value for $QIOW to hack deuna
exit
update
exit
$ exit