[HECnet] SCSISE adapter -> listings

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jan 14 09:11:33 PST 2013

On 14 Jan 2013, at 11:51, lee.gleason at comcast.net wrote:

   I wrote the original patches for Monitor that enabled those hidden classes, and the Pagewapper article that detailed how to apply them

   I haven't had an opportunity to check on newer versions of VMS, but it's trivial to see if at least some   support is still there for them.

   On a VMS system, try

$ MON ETHERNET

or any of the other undocumented monitor classes. Then try   a command that definitely isn't going to be there

$ MON NOTTHERE

   If the error messages are different - then at least some of the support for the undocumented classes is still there.

MISSY::SYSTEM$ monitor ethernet
MONITOR> exit
MISSY::SYSTEM$ monitor notthere
%MONITOR-E-INVCLSNM, class-name "NOTTHERE" is invalid or not uniquely identified

This is on VMS 8.4.

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants