[HECnet] Ugh

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Jan 15 10:26:39 PST 2013

G. <gerry77 at mail.com> writes:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:06:29 -0500, you wrote:

SYS$STARTUP:SYLOGIN.COM? I thought it was in SYS$MANAGER?

If it's in the right place, both logicals will work :)

try sho log sys$startup and sho log sys$manager :)

SYS$STARTUP is a searchlist which comprises SYS$MANAGER.

$ SHOW LOGICAL SYS$STARTUP
    "SYS$STARTUP" = "SYS$SYSROOT:[SYS$STARTUP]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)
              = "SYS$MANAGER"
1   "SYS$MANAGER" = "SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSMGR]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG