[HECnet] Ugh

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Jan 15 09:03:49 PST 2013

On 1/15/2013 11:56 AM, G. wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:46:34 -0500, you wrote:

How do I do multiple search paths?

-brian

On 1/15/2013 11:35 AM, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:
def/use dcl$path dka0::[bin]
Never tried, but I suppose that something like the following would work:

$ DEFINE "DKA0:[first],DKA0:[second],DKA0:[third]"

Please note that if you define your logical as /USER it will disappear as soon
as you return to DCL after running whatsoever .EXE program!

That explains that then. :)

So, I've got vim installed and working, however I'm having some trouble getting this to work they way I think it should.

I'm following the directions at:

http://www.polarhome.com/vim/manual/v73/os_vms.html

I've done this:

System administrators might want to set up a system wide Vim installation,
then add to the SYS$STARTUP:SYLOGICALS.COM

	$ define/nolog/sys VIM device:<path>
	$ define/nolog/sys TMP SYS$SCRATCH

And to the SYS$STARTUP:SYLOGIN.COM

	$ vi*m :== mcr VIM:VIM.EXE
	$ gv*im:== spawn/nowait/input=NLA0 mcr VIM:VIM.EXE -g -GEOMETRY 80x40
But it isn't working.

$ vim
%DCL-W-IVVERB, unrecognized command verb - check validity and spelling
  \VIM\
$ vi
%DCL-W-IVVERB, unrecognized command verb - check validity and spelling
  \VI\
$

Any ideas?

-brian