[HECnet] client/server programming with DECnet

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Jan 14 12:16:27 PST 2013

Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> writes:

I'm an IP guy, hands down. DECnet I actually have very little experience
using aside from just being a consumer of current services.

What I would like to know is how I create a program that, in IP nuances,
"listens on a port" for a client to connect.

Specifically VMS in this case.

Paul explained a little bit how it functions, but he wasn't sure how
that was done on VMS either.

Anyone have any good pointers?

http://DECUSlib.com/Freeware/FreewareV40/SEND/

Sourced in Bliss so it's readable!   SEND has code for both client and server
DECnet object creation and communication.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG