[HECnet] Alpha Emulator

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Jan 14 11:34:06 PST 2013

Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> writes:

What's the best alpha emulator to go with?

AlphaVM-free from Emu/VM.   Runs under Linux.   Artem recently made updates
to it at my request to allow use of the Linux bridge and tunnel devices
to make a self-contained Xwindows accessible instance running on Linux.
It's now like having a portable Alpha!   I've also successfully clustered
my 17" HP ENvy running AlphaVM-free.   Had to use wired-ehternet.   Bridge
and tunnel would not play nicely with the wireless ethernet.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG