[HECnet] Mapping - getting close

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Sat Jan 12 07:10:37 PST 2013

If you ask me, I think this idea is dead. You cannot get a good
representation of how the topology really is from trying to walk nodes
using NCP.

(remove bridged ethernet that are not point-to-point with only 2
nodes).

Walk through the "known cir" and then "cir char" and build your own
connectivity tree with the metrics.

Plot all links

Apply DECnet routing rules and Colour the links that carry traffic
with the current metrics and/up/down condition, use two colours, one
for transmitt one for receive (as links can end up being simplex).

..-P