[HECnet] Mapping - getting close

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sat Jan 12 06:03:51 PST 2013

It's not that there are no routers. It's the fact that from a DECnet point of view the bridge misrepresents distance. If there is a tunnel between sites (Multinet, Cisco, etc) it is very obvious there is separation. With the bridge it's impossible to tell if two nodes are physically next to each other or have an ocean in between them.

I have some ideas for how to get bridge info but that's for later. There is plenty to do before we get to that point.

-brian