[HECnet] Issues With Virtual Cisco Tunnels and HECnet

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Jan 9 19:51:21 PST 2013

On 9 Jan 2013, at 22:48, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2013-01-10 04:37, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 9 Jan 2013, at 22:35, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

His end has other functioning links, and his tunnel to me is the inverse.

Any ideas?

I hope 61.1 is an area router

It is.   Which is what makes this so confusing

In that case, the next question is obviously how the DECnet routing table at 61.1 looks like.

I'm curious as to what the table on 61.1 is as well.

Might be a red herring, though. I would perhaps assume that 61.1 is routing things for other networks just fine, and only you have issues?

Correct.   Only I have issues.

Actually, why don't you have an entry for area 61 in your routing table?

I have absolutely no clue   does it need to be added manually?

I don't know enough about Cisco to say, but it seems *very* weird to me that you don't have area 61 in there. How would you expect packets to 61.x find their way anywhere?

Amusingly enough, packets to 61.x get there fine.

                                                                ||   on a psychedelic trip

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!
http://gimme-sympathy.org/ My permanently-a-work-in-progress pet project.