[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Wed Jan 9 08:19:15 PST 2013

On 1/9/2013 1:59 PM, Peter Lothberg wrote:
On 1/8/2013 9:01 PM, Peter Lothberg wrote:
Set up a (cisco) tunnel to 130.238.19.60 (and tell me your side IP
address).
I think it's time to come up with something a little better to track all
these.

Thoughts?
Build a tool that takes requests and generates configs (full mesh) and
pushes them to the routers.

(maybe we can have the router configs in a wiki?)

Great mind think alike. :)

I had though pretty much exactly that.

If we are going to do that, however, we should decide on a range of
tunnels to use.

For example on my router, 0, 1 and 2 are DECnet tunnels, 3 is my IPv6
tunnel to HE and 4 is a DECnet tunnel.

Re-pushing the configs in this case would be ugly, so I think it would
be wise to say, tunnels X through Y are dedicated to auto-DECnet tunnels
so I can write cisco configs to deal with that appropriately.

I will write something. :)

-brian

If you knew the capability (what kind of tunnels) a node can support and you have
a fixed priority for in what order to chose, given two nodes you can automatically
determine the required tunnel type and don't need to encode it in to you global
description as it's a pair-wise local matter..... -:)

-P