[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Jan 9 07:27:34 PST 2013

On 1/9/2013 1:59 PM, Peter Lothberg wrote:
On 1/8/2013 9:01 PM, Peter Lothberg wrote:
Set up a (cisco) tunnel to 130.238.19.60 (and tell me your side IP
address).
I think it's time to come up with something a little better to track all
these.

Thoughts?
Build a tool that takes requests and generates configs (full mesh) and
pushes them to the routers.

(maybe we can have the router configs in a wiki?)

Great mind think alike. :)

I had though pretty much exactly that.

If we are going to do that, however, we should decide on a range of tunnels to use.

For example on my router, 0, 1 and 2 are DECnet tunnels, 3 is my IPv6 tunnel to HE and 4 is a DECnet tunnel.

Re-pushing the configs in this case would be ugly, so I think it would be wise to say, tunnels X through Y are dedicated to auto-DECnet tunnels so I can write cisco configs to deal with that appropriately.

I will write something. :)

-brian