[HECnet] HECnet performance....

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Tue Jan 8 12:01:34 PST 2013

A few days ago a "TELL 1.13 SHOW KNOWN NODES" from 42.42 BET:: was very =
slow.   It's probably 4 times faster now.   I don't know if I'm passing =
through your part of the net to get to Johnny.

Seems like you are;
NCP>tell mim show node bet

20:55:46               NCP
                              Request # 114 Accepted

20:55:47               NCP

Request # 114; Show Node Summary Completed

          Node             State             Active   Delay   Circuit             Next node
                                                        links
  42.42 (BET)                                     0             4                               59.11 (DIMMA)

I think we can even make this better...

Set up a (cisco) tunnel to 130.238.19.60 (and tell me your side IP
address).

Set the metric you have on the old tunnel(s) to me to cost 20.
Set the cost for the new tunnel to 10.

--P